Tuesday, January 31, 2006

1st Annual Basket Making Contest

Disc Golf Chronicle is pleased to announce the 1st annual Disc Golf Basket Making Contest. Prizes valued at many thousands of dollars will be awarded to the participant who designs and constructs the winning basket. All baskets must be entirely composed from objects on the Approved Materials List and are limited in size. Here is a prototype I whipped up after work as an example*:


The lucky winner as determined by the DGC editorial board will receive five entire minutes alone with the authentic Beaded Champion's Necklace from Season 1. The Season 1 Champ, recognizing the inspirational power of this legendary trophy, has graciously agreed to make it available for the 5 minute private session with the winner.

Let the basket weaving begin!

For inspiration, check out this guy's blog, Just Baskets, chronicling home made baskets the world over. At first I thought, wow I should post a link on DGC as a way of proving there were those more obsessed with this sport then me or my showering-with-their-discs friend(s). But then i figured, hey to each his own - and some of those baskets are pretty funky. Some of DGC's loyal readers probably wouldn't be caught dead on some two-bit homemade backwoods course, and perhaps I am one of them, but then again I have a course in my living room so I'm probably not in position to cast judgment.

*not true

No comments: